At the XOD Class AGM on Saturday 24th November 2018, the resolution to change the Cowes Week XOD Points Series from 8 days to 7 days was carried unanimously. This means that the Cowes Week Points Series for the Captain’s Cup will be from the Saturday to the Friday of Cowes Week in 2019 and in the foreseeable future.
The resolution on allowing four persons to sit on the side if two are aged 13 or under was also carried by a majority of 87%.
The other main points of the XOD AGM 2018 were:
- No change in fees and subscriptions for 2019
- All resolutions carried
- Honorary Membership was voted unanimously for Ken Latham and Tony Monks
- James Meaning elected Class Captain for 2019
- David Palmer appointed as Deputy Chairman for 2019
- Class Representatives confirmed unchanged
- Class Committee welcomed new Hamble and Lymington Divisional Captains and Vice Captains
- TAC welcomed a new rep for the Cowes Division
The full minutes, photos of the Prize Giving and the provisional Open Events Calendar for 2019 will be posted on the website as soon as available.