John Tremlett, X80 LASS helm, receiving the CAPTAIN’S CUP 2016 from Phil Hagen
At the annual XOD Prize Giving held on Saturday 26th November 2016, Cowes Week Regatta Director Phil Hagen kindly presented the prizes and then spoke about Cowes Week, saying that feedback from the 2016 Regatta had been good, no race days had been lost (although they could not claim to have arranged the good weather) and the XODs had particularly liked the Bramble Start Line. Arrangements for next year were in progress and he looked forward to seeing the Class again in 2017.
Phillipson Challenge Shield (Top Division) – Itchenor Division
XOD AGM Main points:
- No change in fees and subscriptions for 2017
- New Official Measurer, Andrew Armstrong, has taken over from Stuart Jardine
- Reports were given from three boat builders on progress on three new XOD builds, all anticipating launching in 2017
- Statistics showed 70% of the XOD fleet raced in 2016, a percentage that has remained steady since the Centenary
- Open XOD regattas in 2017 include Lymington Week 7-11 June, the Central Solents 8-9 July, Taittinger and Telegraph Bowl 15-16 July, Classics Week 18-21 July, Household 22 July and Cowes Week 29 July-5 August 2017.
- Resolutions not carried were: (1) Jib Height, (11) Bilge Pump Sump, (12) Toe Rails and (14) Stem Height
- All the other Resolutions were carried unanimously
- Honorary Membership was confirmed for Peter Baines and Stuart Jardine
- James Meaning was elected XOD Class Captain for 2017
- James Meaning appointed David Palmer as Deputy Chairman of the Committee 2017
- The Class Representatives were confirmed, mainly unchanged
- Tony Monks was ratified as TAC Chairman
- Thanks were extended to all retiring and continuing Class Committee and TAC members
The full minutes of the AGM will be sent to members when available.